Friday, June 18, 2010

Kiss

I like to kiss.
I'm not an overly physically affectionate person. I like handshakes and brief hugs. I am not snuggle prone. My ideal moment does not involve eternities entwined. Nothing wrong with a good hug.But I like my space. All that aside, kisses are my favorite method of expression.

I blow my children kisses. I press dry lips agains foreheads to check for temperatures. I kiss a freckle on sweet upturned noses. I kiss bandages that have been put over boo-boos to make it all better.

And then there's the other set. A kiss in the air near a friends cheek. A kiss of palm and fingers for my beloved. Lips are for touching for cheeks, lips for lips. Firm kisses, soft kisses, deep and rough and sometimes with teeth kisses.

I apparently experience the world on some deep meaningful level through my lips. So kisses, kisses mark my love. more X less O




No comments:

Post a Comment