Thursday, November 8, 2012

nothing..

Nothing, nothing tra la la. Nothing to see here. Carry on. Move forward  I have next to nothing to write.

I'm HUNGRY today.  The soreness of over stressed muscles isn't as bad. I didn't achieve much in productivity other then stick close to my diet. Well, I cleaned out my fridge, but it was disgusting. I need that thing to be clean so I can make with the healthy eating. I was way under my calorie count according to my calorie tracker, so I MAY allow myself one or two VERY small night time indulgences. I don't want to send my body into starvation mode, after all.

getting in word count makes me feel like I'm blathering. Let's see.


Instead let's talk about a tiny episode of cyber bullying my Daughter experienced recently.

For some back round. My teenage daughter is Brilliant. according to tests she's well above collage level when it comes to comprehension. When my kiddo gets something she GETS it. Her major challenge is a devastating curse of dyslexia and dysgraphia. When she puts things up on her face book page the spelling style brings to mind the I Can Haz Cheezeburger memes. She spells things phonetically, but when impassioned she gets as close to the word as she can and just runs with it. For anyone that doesn't KNOW my kid, it's a pain in the eyes to read.

Now, she's smart. She's impassioned. She was going on a rant about the over abundance of political misinformation that was running  rampant in her school. She wrote a smart sassy rant that pretty much stated her opinion. She STARTED it warning people it was a rant.

Some dumb ass who she'd allowed to be her face book friend told her she was stupid, her opinions were stupid and asked how anyone could take her seriously if she couldn't even spell. After she (and a large percentage of people who actually *know* her) attempted to correct him, he claimed she was doing it to be cute.

My smart, my brilliant, my amazing daughter said. To be cute? I'm already cute. I do this because I have no choice

That's my kid. It's amazing that she has a strong group of people who are willing to stand up and fight for her. It's amazing that she has enough will power to stand up and defend herself. THIS is the way all cyber bullying stories should end. With the bullied shaking their head in disappointment and the bully sulking off into the shadows tail firmly tucked between their legs.

I wish more kids were as fortunate as mine. MORE SO I wish there were more parents willing to teach their children that mindless comments CAN and DO hurt others. That words can be weapons, and should be handled with the same caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment