Wednesday, August 25, 2010

30 days of letters: Day 7, Your Ex-partner/love/crush

S,

Don't get riled.Thanks for the papers. Thanks for not asking for much. Thanks for keeping your distance and moving on. I'm pretty sure I have at last reached the point where I can say "I forgive you" and "I hope life turns out okay for you".

Just as long as you stay waaaaaaaay over there.

We were both young. And dumb. And I'm sure I made as many mistakes as you did. I'm sure it couldn't be as bad as it's painted in some of my nightmares. Even if it was? You're forgiven, from afar.

She looks a little like you. And she's beautiful. She looks a little like me. And she's amazing. I can't hate or spite someone who gave me someone so amazing to spend time with. She's... a gift. I sorry you'll only ever see small pictures of her.

So thank you. But, keep your distance. We're defiantly better like this.

your ex.

1 comment:

  1. I know that my ex is not 'there' yet and yes, our daughter looks a little (actually, A LOT) like me. Even though her Mom loves her, the venom she speaks about me can't be doing our girl's self esteem any good.

    ReplyDelete