Monday, August 23, 2010

30 days of letters. Day 4: Letter to my sibling (or close relative)

Day 4 letter to my closest sibling. I have two siblings- a brother and a sister. My brother is an eternal pothead-Peter Pan. But, my sister is one of my best friends and a truly good human. SO! Since I miss her:

D'ropal,

My sweetheart! California is so far. And this year has been as full of hardships and blessings for you as it has been for me. You're almost ready to pop out your son, and I'm so excited to have another nephew! I wish I could meet him now, but I'll settle for soon!

You always have been and always will be the coolest chick I've ever known. It's been amazing watching you grow up and mature. I love you! It's baffling to me that I'm older and yet I still want to "grow up" to be like you.

You of all people seem to understand my troubles and hardships the most, and you seem the least willing to share your own problems. I wish I could lend you even one fourth the support you've given me. Aww kiddo! Keep me up to date? Keep those pictures coming. Call when you can! I'll call you once this most recent stint of B.S. passes so I can be happy with and for you instead of stressed.

Keep being Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I am the oldest of our clan and though I felt I did a good job guiding them (3 of my four younger siblings all took paths that I blazed and would guide them on), they have in no way come close to returning the love through their actions.

    Being who I am, as much as I DON'T WANT to walk my sister down the aisle, I will... because that is who I am. Glad that you have a good relationship with both your sibs... even your bro, because you described him in an affectatious way not in condemnation.

    I hope this is help you getting all these feelings out. Lets you see these people in a different light and how much they mean to you, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really neat experiment! I must say. Plus the writing exercise is nice too.

    ReplyDelete