Friday, September 10, 2010

30 days of letters, Day 18: The person that you wish you could be.

OOooh nice one!

In all honesty, Internets: I very nearly am the person I want to be. I was whining earlier about being afraid of writing myself a letter. And now the challenge is to write a letter to my best self. Let's try this. I'm going to imagine myself as a faceless "friend" or "Associate" of my future best self. This is SUCH a practice in narcissism!

Amber,

Congratulations on at last achieving your dream of being a laughter therapist. I hear the sessions are going well. People tell me all the time how fun and enlightening your classes are. I knew you could do it! All the schooling was a lot of work, and I know you really struggled for a while finding your niche in this job market. If I could I'd shake your hand! Your sessions are fun, inspiring, and very helpful to many of the people who attend them.

Also, I wanted to compliment you on how absolutely fabulous you look for your age. I know you've taken up Tai-chi and yoga with your daughters, and the exercise is really showing. You have a great figure, and you're very strong and flexible! It was funny when you picked up your taller teen age daughter and threw her over your shoulder fireman style, then ran through the Gym with her, screaming, "I'm the fire chief" We all got a big laugh out of it. And watching you pose in downward dog? Honestly I was turned on! Your ass is amazing!

Your relationship with your husband is an inspiration to many military wives. The open levels of communication, the way you both flirt and obviously dote on each other is adorable. The sexual and happy energy between the two of you is electric. It's obvious to even a person that has never met either one of you how very rich and deep your compassion, understanding, love and adoration is for each other.

You are a fantastic mother as well. Having had the pleasure of meeting both of your daughters, they are each such unique and extraordinary individuals. It's obvious you have helped nurture them and support them along their paths. You must be so proud of them!

Your admiring friend,
~Amber who wishes she were you

No comments:

Post a Comment